Analytics in general and Data Science in particular have seen a phenomenal growth in the last few years. With continuous advances in technology and the multifaceted use of the Internet and Social Media, organisations have access to massive volumes of internal and external data sets. In order to compete in a dynamic and evolving market the management analysts in these organisations have a requirement to “make sense” out of these large unstructured data.
This conference focuses on the areas of real-time analytics and predictive analytics and sets out to show how they are crucial for your business and how they can help you achieve your business goals.
Case studies and thought provoking presentations explore real-life experiences and provide valuable insights into the many opportunities presented by Predictive and Real-Time Analytics.
Why attend this event?
Topics to be covered:
Mike Ferguson, Managing Director, Intelligent Business Strategies
In addition to developing analytical applications on Spark and Hadoop, there are other options available to the data scientist that could significantly reduce time to value in Big Data environments. These include self-service data integration tools, real-time analytic application development tools, offline analytical workflow tools, model development tools that exploit Spark and/or Hadoop. This session looks at the increasing number of technologies available that allow you to exploit the scalability of Hadoop and Spark but that don’t require you to have to write programs.
• Speeding up Data Science - why no programming is a valid option
• Key requirements for tools if they are to improve productivity
• Preparing data for analysis without programming using data wrangling tools
• Model development tools that exploit Spark and in-Hadoop analytics
• Building workflow based analytical applications without programming
• Building Apache Storm analytic application without programming
• Text analytics and the power of search
• Interactive data discovery and data visualisation tools
Bernard Marr, Founder and CEO, Advanced Performance Institute
• It’s easy to get caught up in the hype of big data - Huge datasets, fast-moving analytics…
• How do you really identify the the most strategic big data applications in your business
• Learn from exciting case studies including Facebook, Spotify, Wimbledon and Rolls Royce
• See how machine learning and AI are transforming the future of big data
Radek Maciaszek, CTO, A4G
Real time bidding is a dominant way or purchasing volumes of online advertising inventory. What was yesterday a domain of high-frequency trading hedge funds became a norm in todays advertising world. I will talk about the fascinating world of RTB and will discuss the business cases as well as technological challenges advertising companies face today.
Ben Houghton, Data Scientist, Advanced Data Solutions (ADS), Barclays
Data Science is fundamental in driving data-led decisions in a multitude of business areas. In this talk, we will discuss the breadth of opportunities for data science available in the finance sector and the methodologies we can employ to make smart decisions. We will also discuss how data science can be made accessible to everyone, not just data scientists.